Friday, January 28, 2011

Vintage Notecard Swap


Lenna's latest creative swap is all about vintage note cards. This is my second swap with this wonderfully creative group and I've had so much fun watching the cards arrive on Lenna's blog. Even though we're all working with the same theme everyone's take on "vintage" is different. I really enjoy seeing the different styles used by each artist...I get so inspired! Be sure to stop by the Creative Swaps blog, say hello to Lenna and have a look at some of the beautiful cards that have come in. Here are the cards I created. The swap was for three cards with envelopes but I chose to make an extra one for Lenna as a small thank you for hosting the swap. A year or so ago I took a workshop offered by Mary of Green Paper called Artist Class. The images I've chosen for my cards were used in one of the Artist class projects. I thought these four women would be perfect as a set of vintage note cards so I decided to use them again here. I've layered the images on some vintage book text and a piece of old flocked wallpaper, added a little vintage lace and a heart charm and there you have it...a set of vintage note cards!

10 comments:

Robin said...

They are absolutely stunning Linda! Love the vintage look you have created here. The heart charm and lace are the perfect addition to your cards. Have a great weekend.

Hugs,
Robin

Joanna said...

You make it sound so easy, Linda! These are gorgeous notecards, that wallpaper is perfect! Sweet images, lovely colours and the heart embellishment is a cute touch.

xx

Scrap for Joy said...

Your layering is so beautiful. I love the book page and lace on your cards. Beautiful enough to frame!

Lenna Young Andrews said...

I just found your post Linda, and your cards are gorgeous! I really like the images of the women you have chosen, I think they are Shakespeare's characters? Your cards are so beautiful the way you have layered these images with the lace, various papers & charms. Thank you so much for an extra one for me!! So lovely. I will let you know when they arrive!

Cindy Is Crafty said...

They are awesome, Linda!

Heather said...

Beautiful Linda!!!

Val said...

Absolutely beautiful note cards. Love the vintage images.

Terri said...

These are simply gorgeous!

Carol Anne's Boutique said...

Hi Linda,
The cards you created are absolutely gorgeous! Such beautiful images you chose, and I love all the layering you have done with the papers, especially with the vintage wallpaper & lace...simply beautiful!
I want you to know how very much I have enjoyed visiting your lovely blog this evening, you create such amazing artwork!
Thank you so much for leaving your very kind comment on my blog, it means alot to me.
Have a great weekend~
Carol Anne

South City Hues said...

These cards are simply stunning Linda!