Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Artist Class


I've been having such a good time working on my Artist Class projects in my spare time...I just never seem to have enough of it! I'm sure we all feel that way sometimes don't we? Anyway here are two of the projects I've finished recently. The first is an altered spoon inspired by Nancy Maxwell James' tutorial. I've been saving pretty silver plate spoons for the longest time thinking I'd eventually do something with them so I had some on hand to try this. This is a fast and easy project that turns out so pretty and can be modified in so many ways. I've also completed some tart tin pin cushions inspired by Tina Jensen of Tiny Bear.
I love these and plan to have some more ready in time for the next Mixed Media Market. The February session of Artist Class is still available if you're interested in making any of these lovely projects. Artist class is a collection of online workshops organized by Mary Green of Green Paper. The projects are varied, the instructors are so talented and there's always lovely free images and extras provided. Mary even offers discounts on tuition for early registration! One thing I really like is that each project is offered as a complete download so I can save them to work on at my leisure...no time pressures! Oh well, speaking of time...it's time to get ready for work! Enjoy the day!