Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Angel


When we were growing up my older sister Nancy always called our mother Angel. I don't know if there was something specific that prompted it...I just remember always hearing it and accepting it just like the nicknames the four of us used for each other. But the name certainly fits my mom. She's spent most of her life caring for others. She was taken out of school in the 8th grade to raise her younger brother because her parents had to work. Once she was married and raising four daughters she brought her mother to live with us when she lost her eyesight. Once we were grown and gone she helped raise two more young girls whose parents were busy lawyers. She's an angel who's touched many lives. So, when Dawn Edmonson's Canvas Collage tutorial for Artist Class featured an angel I knew that I wanted to make this a tribute to my own Angel. Thank you Dawn for this lovely tutorial. I love you Mumma!