Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Angel


When we were growing up my older sister Nancy always called our mother Angel. I don't know if there was something specific that prompted it...I just remember always hearing it and accepting it just like the nicknames the four of us used for each other. But the name certainly fits my mom. She's spent most of her life caring for others. She was taken out of school in the 8th grade to raise her younger brother because her parents had to work. Once she was married and raising four daughters she brought her mother to live with us when she lost her eyesight. Once we were grown and gone she helped raise two more young girls whose parents were busy lawyers. She's an angel who's touched many lives. So, when Dawn Edmonson's Canvas Collage tutorial for Artist Class featured an angel I knew that I wanted to make this a tribute to my own Angel. Thank you Dawn for this lovely tutorial. I love you Mumma!

7 comments:

The Feathered Nest said...

Oh Linda....your tribute to your mother is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!!! I love that you used her photograph instead of the one given ~ you've truly made this piece an heirloom and precious keepsake!!!!!! Gorgeous job honey!!!!! hugs and love, Dawn

Scrap for Joy said...

What a beuatiful piece Linda! This is so much more meaningful than just putting a photograph in a frame. You will treasure this always. Wonderful job!
Joyce

becky said...

So pretty and such a lovely tribute to her.An awesome treasure for sure!~~Becky

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Oh Linda Sweetie...
Dawn told us to stop by and see your beautiful picture of love that you made.

I so love this beautiful tribute to your sweet Moma. What an angel indeed. It gave me an idea of something I could make. My Niece Amy passed away this past October from cancer at the young age of 33. I am going to put her picture in a frame and add tha word Angel to it. It will be perfect. Thank you for sharing your beautiful idea sweetie. I love it.

Have a beautiful day sweetie. Country hugs...Sherry

Jingle said...

This is so beautiful! What a wonderful tribute!

Cori said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! I love the way you interpreted Dawn's project.

As a fellow Artist Class student, you have a new follower in me.

Beautiful work!

Cori
Starview Sonnet

Heather said...

Hi Linda, I just wanted to cover my bases and ask you to pop over to my blog because you are a OWOH winner! Congrats!!
Heather