Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Artfest 2011

It amazes me how fast the 4 days of Artfest fly by. From Wednesday evening when we check in until Sunday when we say goodbye it's just a blur of fun, friends and arty goodness. This year I arrived a couple of hours early and got to spend some time walking on the beach and enjoying the grounds at Fort Worden. This really is a wonderful place. I love the walk along the beach to the lighthouse. I love the rows of officer housing and the big white barracks buildings. There are deer who show up quietly out of nowhere and seem like they belong here more than I do. It's the perfect setting for an art retreat. I had such a good time. I saw old friends, made some new ones, stayed up late, played and watched and listened and learned. I'm already looking forward to next year!














Barracks 203 Room 9






My art nest transformed!


My travel pal




Day 1 - Syd MCcutcheon Welcome to My World









Day 2 - Tory Brokenshire Santibelli











Day 3 - Stephanie Rubiano Pixie Pins


I have lots more photos....shots of the Gallery, Show and Tell Night, The Iron Chef Artist competition...but I think I'll save those for another day. If you get the chance to attend Artfest...take it!

5 comments:

Kitten said...

Hey Linda...
I love your pix from Artfest...thanks so much for sharing them with those of us who did not get to go this year...maybe one year...
xo
Debbie
===^..^===

South City Hues said...

Wow...what a wonderful event! Thanks for sharing :)

Lyneen said...

thank you for your wonderful post on ARTFEST... what a great walk before the FUN began. I love the area, so serene.

Khalila Neferet said...

This blog is fab, absolutely flawless!

Retro Cafe' Art Gallery said...

Fantastic photos!!! Looks like you had an amazing time. Thanks for sharing! xo
Kristin