Friday, August 27, 2010

Collage Coterie Lesson 2


I'm so behind with my Collage Coterie Workshop but it's been such a busy week between working and getting ready to go away for a few days. I wanted to at least try one more collage and decided to use one of these old bingo cards. I really like using these for backgrounds...I love all the numbers. Lesson two dealt with the muted colors found in vintage pieces and using chalk and charcoal. I like how the charcoal gives a nice perception of depth to a collage and I've admired its use by others but I'm going to need more practice to make it look more natural.

5 comments:

Jo said...

This is wonderful - I love where you've placed that button, fun! The background is lovely and the charcoal edging gives a great definition and makes her stand out from the background.

Dianne said...

Just stumbled on your blog... Your collages are so refreshing... You have your own unique style and your color palettes are wonderful!

Robin said...

This is just beautiful Linda! I think you have mastered using both chalk and charcoal!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Personally I think your shading is very realistic. And of course, bingo cards make such a great background.

Catherine said...

This is beautiful, Linda! Your use of the charcoal is perfect - it really adds a lot to the collage. The chalks give such pretty, veiled tones, too. As always, your pieces are so unique and lovely! Beautiful images and colors, and wonderfully combined!