Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Grab your octopus chapeau...it's time for Art Fest!




Well, it's almost time to leave for ArtFest! I'm all packed and ready...I just need to throw in a few last minute essentials and I'll be off to Fort Worden for 4 days of arty fun! I'm so excited...I've wanted to go to ArtFest for the last few years and now I'm going! I have to admit I'm a little nervous...I keep replaying that "new girl holding her lunch tray in a cafeteria full of unfamiliar faces" scene in my head. But I'm sure once I get there and actually say hi to someone it'll all be fine. Here are the swaps I made to take with me...this is going to be a big highlight for me...trading with everyone else. I have some ATCs, a glass bubble magnet with one of my moo cards and a recycled (green for Lyneen!) test tube full of Fort Worden beach sand and shells. Last but not least is my purple "Festal Virgin" ribbon and some mermaid charms for the other virgins. I can't wait to come back and tell you all about it...hope I packed everything!



I almost forgot Octavia...Sara made this crocheted dolly for me to take to ArtFest so I wouldn't be lonely. Isn't she smashing? She's wearing a lovely pearl brooch and she's bringing along her pet octopus. She should fit right in don't you think??



6 comments:

Deb said...

Have a great time Linda! I've always wanted to go to Artfest so I'll be anxious to hear what you thought about it!!! Enjoy every minute/experience!!

Catherine said...

Linda, What fabulous swaps you are taking! The ATCs and pebbles and test tubes are sure to find their way into the hands of grateful admirers! Wow - we are all SO excited for you and are on pins n' needles, waiting to hear all about it on Sunday! Oh yes - LOVE the dolly, too - complete with her own little octopus!

Lyneen said...

OH my goodness... what fun.... I want to go so I can trade with you!!!! Can't wait to hear all the latest on Sunday... And good for you going GREEN!!!!

Beth Niquette said...

Absolutely incredible blog!!! You made my day!

You have been an encouragement to my darling Mumsie (Everybody Loves a Story), and I am taking this opportunity to thank you!

Please pick up your friendship blogger award on my page today!

Beth

Veronica said...

How was art fest, mom???

Lambkin said...

Lamb! I showed Mumma all these pictures and she loves Octavia! She said if Sara could make her one for Christmas, "it would be a joy to have." (hint, hint)