Friday, March 6, 2015

Mini Sampler Swap

I haven't done a lot of swapping lately but when Linda from A Swap for All Seasons graciously invited me to be part of her Mini Sampler Swap I just couldn't say no. The way the swap works is we'll make and swap a mini sampler stitched piece each month so that at the end of the year we'll have several pieces to make into a beautiful hand stitched garland. Isn't that a great idea? I think so too. My January mini sampler was stitched by Becky and I just love it! Look at all the wonderful details. She sent along a fun tag and nestled the sampler in its own stamped bag. Thank you so much Becky!


My February sampler came from Sally and it's so pretty. I love the vintage images and the sweet spring colors. Sally slipped the sampler in a decorated envelope and also included a lovely handmade card.  Thank you Sally!


Here's my January sampler sent to Joyce in Delaware...


And for the February swap I got to return the favor to Becky and made this piece for her...


This has been so much fun. I love finding bits and pieces of things I have at home and working with them to create something new. Thanks Linda for dreaming up another wonderful swap!

6 comments:

Sally Annie Magundy said...

Hi Linda!
I love this post, full of fabric snippets and fiber-y yumminess. What a wonderful swap this is, so inspiring.This was a brand new challenge for me - the most fun and most scary, out of my comfort zone. Phew. I'm so glad you enjoyed your sampler, I had the best time making it for you.

Happy weekend and happy stitching!

Debbie said...

Hey Linda...I love all these samplers...both the ones you created & the ones you received. I'm loving this swap...it might be the best one ever.
xo
Debbie
===^..^===

Createology said...

This is such a fun swap and I love what Linda of A Swap For All Seasons inspires us with all month long. Your banners both given and received are wonderful. Creative Banner Bliss...

Linda said...

Linda, such beautiful samplers~ coming and going! I'm sure Joyce and Becky loved them! I'm thrilled that you're participating this year! We've been swapping together for so long!

May said...

Gorgeous samplers Linda, I've to send you my Sept swap can you email me with your address please for some reason I can't email you through your blog??? not sure why...mayoconnor@aol.com Have a great weekend ahead.
Hugs May x x x

May said...

Hi Linda,
it's May, again did you read the previous message x x x x