Monday, May 5, 2014

Where'd you go?



I was sitting at my desk yesterday looking at a Real Simple magazine when I turned the page to find a brochure for Nest smoke detectors attached to the page. As I usually do when I come up on one of those annoying attachments in a magazine I tore it out and dropped it in my waste basket. But then it looked at me and I took it out of the trash and looked at it again. It was a handy size...about 5 inches square and there was  only a single image on each white page. At first I thought I might cut out some of the images (see that cute red suitcase?) to use in my journals. Then, I thought I would just turn the whole brochure into a journal...you know, because I always need ANOTHER journal! I painted the cover and added a few images. I happened to have an envelope full of old paper ephemera (thank you Lyneen) in my desk drawer. I pulled it out and started covering the pages of the brochure. Before I knew it...a journal was born! Now, all my pages are started and just waiting for more collage and journaling. I love serendipitous projects like this! And since everything I used was something I already had sitting in my desk drawers and the magazine was given to me I didn't have to spend a penny. Love it!



                             






5 comments:

amy of four corners design said...

absolutely love this - both in its creative construction but also in using what you already had - perfect!

Lori said...

So cool - love how you created something so wonderful from a magazine insert!

Carolyn Albro said...

LOVE your new journal. I've been a little obsessed with journal making too, cause you're right, you never can have enough journals!! Isn't it fun?

Laguna de Apoyo said...

You are very creative. Old sheet music is awesome too. If you want to bring your talents, let us know: www.lagunadeapoyo.blogspot.com.

South City Hues said...

Wanting to start an art journal. Not sure where to start. This is a great idea.