Sunday, July 24, 2011

Puzzle Piece Mailart


I simply adore receiving fun stuff in the mail so you can imagine the squeal I let out when I came home to find this! Just look what my blog pal Halle sent me...a big altered puzzle piece. Isn't it wonderful! I wonder what my mail carrier thought about it? I love it! As you can see Halle simply addressed it and mailed it and it came through perfectly. The back side of the puzzle piece has been altered and collaged with old pattern paper and stamping and has a little girl peeking over some polka dotted paper. Too cute! Halle's even included a fortune..."you will make a name for yourself." I don't know about that but I do know I love this! Thank you Halle!



6 comments:

Patty in Oz said...

Oh my gosh...that has to be one of the most creative things I've ever seen! And the art and fortune, how sweet. I didn't think something odd shaped like that could even be mail. I guess we could call it a 'puzzle piece post card'?

I've had puzzle pieces on my mind for a long time. I thought it would be so cool if each bloggerette Sorority sister had one piece of the same puzzle. Together, the big picture would be we are something 'really special' when we're doing things together.

I'm curious, about how big was the puzzle piece your friend sent? What a sweet idea.

Thank you so much for sharing! Love hearing about these kind of surprises in the mail. And I'll bet that mail carrier is still thinkin' about your puzzle piece. :-)

Linda said...

Hi Patty...the puzzle piece is a large one about 5" x 5" and it came trough the mail beautifully. I love your puzzle idea.

GARAGE SALE GAL ~ Deb's Earthly Delights said...

Fun idea and FUN mail!!!
Deb

Halle said...

Thanks for the nice post about my puzzle piece! I'm so glad that you liked it!

Patty in Oz said...

Thank you Linda for sharing the size. I was having a time trying to figure it out. It is such a clever idea!

Catherine said...

So creative - what a wonderful idea! I'll bet your postal carrier loves delivering to your door... all of those beautifully decorated packages, cards and envelopes! A feast for the eyes!