Monday, November 15, 2010

Lenna's Creative Swaps


Lenna Andrews is a wonderfully creative mixed media artist who I've had to pleasure to "meet" in Mary Green's online classes. The other day I visited her blog to see some for the work she's been doing for Mary latest class Collage Basics with Vintage Paper. While I was there I was intrigued to see that Lenna hosts a creative swaps blog and that the latest swap was mail art! I love arting up my mail so I just had to join in. We were to create and send 3 artful envelopes to Lenna and we'll receive 3 in return...actually 4 since Lenna will package the 3 envelopes in one she creates herself. As they arrive Lenna's been posting the envelopes on the swap blog. Be sure to take a look at the beautiful mail art that's been coming in at the Creative Swaps Blog. Here are the 4 envelopes I made for the swap. I Created the envelopes from pages of an old ledger I bought recently at a garage sale. And, I'm sure you'll recognize some of Mary's lovely French Dictionary pages in the background. The adorable children were all courtesy of Lisa's Altered Art.



8 comments:

Lenna Young Andrews said...

Linda, these envelopes are so awesome!!!! Just my kind of thing. I do recognize some of Mary's French dictionary pages and i am definitely going to check out Lisa's Altered art. thanks so much for joining us in the art swap and also for the lovely comments! lenna

Joanna said...

Lovely lovely lovely envelopes - I hope I get one of them!

x

Lululiz said...

They are fantastic!

Halle said...

These are so great! I love everything about them!!!!

Cindy McMath said...

Linda, these are wonderful - I'm hoping I get one in the swap!

Cindy :)

Mary said...

I am so glad my papers got to be a part of this - each of your envelopes is exceptional.

Catherine said...

What gorgeous envelopes, Linda! Such lovely colors and images, as always! You have carried mail art to new heights!

Linda said...

holy smokes! your envelopes are amazing! you should really start sending your work in for publication- you keep getting better and better!