Monday, November 23, 2009

VooDoo Heart


The Voodoo Heart Shadow Box is another Artist Class project I got to work on this weekend. Tia Storm taught the project which called for a shadow box to hold a hand sewn heart. I didn't have a shadow box handy so I took a stretched canvas and painted it black, added paper to the sides and old sheet music to the center and made my own. My heart took a bit of a different direction than Tia's...not too much angst in my heart these days thankfully...but that's the beauty of a project like this. You can create it in whatever manner that speaks to you! Artist class is now officially over but I still have several projects to complete. Good thing I'm off today!

6 comments:

Beth Niquette said...

This is a lovely piece! So--I have to ask, why is it called a VooDoo Heart?

Linda said...

Thanks Beth...if you click on the instructor's name it will take you to the original shadowbox. Tia's heart has more of a voodoo(stick pins in it) sense than mine does.

koralee said...

Your blog is so so lovely...sorry it has taken me awhile to visit after you left such a nice comment on my blog and posted my link to my giveawawy...thank you so so much. I adore your Heart you made...so lovely. I am off to read some more of your lovely blog..my giveaway draw is tomorrow and you have 3x the chance to win!

Household 6 said...

Linda, this is soooo wonderful! I love how you put your own spin and touch on it and I am so amazed that you used a canvas instead!!! That is the coolest idea ever!
Thank you for dropping by so I could come admire your heart!
Happiest Thanksgiving to you and yours :)

Catherine said...

This is beautiful, Linda! Love how you made your own shadowbox. Especially love your take on the voodoo heart - "cherish" is wonderful, and those red pins really set it off nicely!

Miki said...

Linda -- This is wonderful! I am enjoying all of the Artist Class creations you have made. I signed up for the classes, also, and have downloaded each day. But, unlike you I haven't gotten off my duff to do anything with them!! Kudos to you!