Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Altered Tin From Joyce



Well, the deadline has past and all the tins should be arriving now. My tin from Joyce is so pretty! I'm a big fan of the Graphic 45 lines of paper and Joyce has used one of my favorites in altering my tin and even making a matching notepad and a gorgeous box to hold all my treats. She filled the tin with all sorts of fun things...buttons and tags, vintage garment pins and labels, flowers and ribbon. She included a big red "L" and even another tin filled with my favorite dark chocolate mint Altoids. Joyce you know me so well! Thank you sweet friend...I just love it!


4 comments:

Lyneen said...

I love it... Please bring it and share in person at our next gathering!!!!!

junkrescuerbeth said...

Your altered tin is charming. Love that hounds tooth checked/checkered? paper too! I have a vintage dress in that print that is ready to come out of the closet for some art dates.

Beth of Salvage Studio

Scrap for Joy said...

Hi Linda~
I'm sorry to be late with my thank you. We got home from vacation on Monday and I have been sick since then...feeling a bit better today finally! Your package with my tin was waiting when we arrived home and I absolutely love everything about it!!!! You are right-we are kindred spirits! The things you chose for my tin (and the extras) are things I would have chosen for myself. You were a wonderful swap partner and you are a gifted artist. (I have posted pictures on the Swap for All Seasons flickr site) I am glad you are pleased with your tin. I always gravitate to black, cream and red...it's such a pleasing combination. Some of the papers I used are Autumn Leaves (foofala) and some are Graphic 45. I hope the flower was not crushed in the mail..I made the little collar for it to protect it. You may just need to fluff it up a bit.
Thanks for the beautiful gifts. I have enjoyed all of Linda's swaps and have met the nicest people through them. Perhaps our paths will cross again.
xoxo
~Joyce

Catherine said...

What a lovely treasure trove! Love the little dressmaker tissue rosette - SO cute! Great goodies and such a lovely matching notepad, too! Fun swap!