Monday, May 12, 2008

TMTA - Heroes

The theme this week on TMTA is Heroes. I have several personal heroes but today I wanted to honor a woman who was still so young (only 16) when her heroic moment presented itself. I've always admired Elizabeth Eckford...she was one of the Little Rock Nine...high school students who were among the first African Americans to attend previously segregated schools in Arkansas. I've always been fascinated by this photo...such grace in the presence of hatred. While this photo was taken in Arkansas the map I've used highlights three cities in Alabama...where I grew up.

10 comments:

filetta said...

It is a beautiful tribute to the black people and a magnificent image on the courage of a woman

Stempelchaotin said...

Wow what a fabulous ATC. Great idea.

stampingwitch said...

great ATC

Gabi Mewi said...

A real hero!And a great idea!

KardKrazy said...

Great ATC, Linda. You've made a big statment on a little piece of paper.

Jann said...

Oh my gosh--this is just wonderful! The theme, the tribute and the color complements are all just beautiful-your ATC really grabbed my attention and pulled me in. Loved the background info, also. Great, great job! Sincerely, Jann

Faye said...

This is a fantastic tribute to Elizabeth. Very well done.

MammyT said...

I remember! God Blesse 'em. Great heroes.
Nancy

Maggie Ann said...

A great ATC..remembering great happenings!!!

aino said...

Great work.