Thursday, August 16, 2007

Art in the Mail


I had to show you the little package of goodies I received today! I was lucky enough to actually win these by leaving a comment on a blog. I know...it's hard to believe seeing that I never win things...but it's true! The other night I happened to stumble into the artful blogger party held by ArtsyMama to celebrate the new magazine Artful Blogging. She had links to various other sites where people were sharing their art and offering tutorials and basically celebrating. I followed a link to the site of Jennalee who was offering a nice little tutorial on making mixed media collage atc's. She has a wonderful, whimsical style and I loved the faces she drew. Not only did she share the tutorial but she offered to send a little collage package and one of her atc's to a random name picked from those who wanted to leave a comment on her blog. Well, lo and behold...she drew the name linda. But here's the fun part...there were actually TWO lindas. She was generous enough to send a package to each of us!! I had to laugh about this because just the other day I was sharing Catholic school memories with Jean at work. I was telling her how back in 1st grade Sister Marilyn had told me that my name was the most common one in the school. I remember feeling sad then about having such a common name. But look what it's done for me now! Thank you Jennalee...you made my day!